On Friday I took part in the Skäl Nelson Mandela Bay's annual Tourism Amazing Race. This year it took place in the beautiful Sundays River Valley north of Port Elizabeth. I purposely left my camera behind as the team I was in went all out to defend our title from last year. In the end we came in first but due to a 5min penalty got relegated to second. Just to show how competitive the race between the top teams were its important to mention that the third team only came in 30 minutes later. During the race we got to visit a number of interesting and historic places around the valley and I was kinda sorry that, firstly, I didn't have my camera and, secondly, I didn't have time to really take in all the places we went to. I really need to take a day or two to go and explore.
Monday, August 19, 2013
The view from Kirkwood Lookout
Kategori
Eastern Cape,
farming,
Sundays River
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
Sailing into Algoa Bay as one of the 1820 British Settlers, Reverend Francis McCleland would have been standing on deck looking out over the...
-
Boys will be boys and when it comes to boys and their 4x4 toys there is no stopping them. When the South African government banned driving ...
-
Being a family on a tight budget with a couple of Rugrats in tow, the grand total of our regular eating out experience is popping into KFC f...
-
I remember the first time I went to Spier Wine Estate after Moyo opened thinking that it so doesn't fit in with Spier and it surroundi...
-
Beach or Bush? Bush or Beach? That always seem to be the choice when people do these mini surveys on where folk would like to go for their h...
-
I've been in the tourism industry for 16 years and first started out working as a tourist guide back in 1998. Back then I used to go to...
-
Johannesburg boasts that it's the world's largest man-made urban forest and that's difficult to imagine until one actually visit...
-
The Van Stadens Wildflower Reserve west of Port Elizabeth is one of the best and easiest accessible areas around to see proteas and other sp...
-
I little while ago I joined a couple of tourist guides from Port Elizabeth on a visit to Amakhala Game Reserve about 75 km east of the city....
-
Leaving the office the other day I noticed a yellow spider sitting on a plant close to the door. Don't ask me how I spotted him, I just...


No comments:
Post a Comment