To me the Karoo is big sky country and the sky makes for a big part of any photograph taken in the area. The night skies are the most impressive you will see anywhere with the Milky Way stretching from horizon to horizon in all its glory, showing just why its called such. In between the blue sky days and the starry nights is my favourite time of the day. The time when the sun sets in a fiery ball of fire over the horizon. A time of painted skies. A time of peace and silence when the day time animals get ready to go to sleep and the nocturnal animals wake up. A time for contemplation.
Monday, August 5, 2013
Icons of the Karoo - Sweet Thorn Sunset
After the posting Quintessential Karoo and Karoo Icons - Farm Gate I decided to string together a series of posts showing off some of the Karoo icons I photographed on my last visit to the Karoo.
Kategori
Eastern Cape,
Karoo,
sunrise / sunsets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
Sailing into Algoa Bay as one of the 1820 British Settlers, Reverend Francis McCleland would have been standing on deck looking out over the...
-
Boys will be boys and when it comes to boys and their 4x4 toys there is no stopping them. When the South African government banned driving ...
-
Being a family on a tight budget with a couple of Rugrats in tow, the grand total of our regular eating out experience is popping into KFC f...
-
I remember the first time I went to Spier Wine Estate after Moyo opened thinking that it so doesn't fit in with Spier and it surroundi...
-
Beach or Bush? Bush or Beach? That always seem to be the choice when people do these mini surveys on where folk would like to go for their h...
-
I've been in the tourism industry for 16 years and first started out working as a tourist guide back in 1998. Back then I used to go to...
-
Johannesburg boasts that it's the world's largest man-made urban forest and that's difficult to imagine until one actually visit...
-
The Van Stadens Wildflower Reserve west of Port Elizabeth is one of the best and easiest accessible areas around to see proteas and other sp...
-
I little while ago I joined a couple of tourist guides from Port Elizabeth on a visit to Amakhala Game Reserve about 75 km east of the city....
-
Leaving the office the other day I noticed a yellow spider sitting on a plant close to the door. Don't ask me how I spotted him, I just...

No comments:
Post a Comment