Ziplining is probably one of the most fun and exhilarating yet safe activities that I have participated in. I remember my very first time, sitting on the first step and trying to get my pounding heart to just slow down enough for me to get my breath and push off. The joys of being afraid of heights. But I did it and has now done ziplined six times at three different locations. The best known spot to zipline in South Africa must be the Treetops Canopy Tour in the Tsitsikamma. The Treetops Canopy Tour consist of consists of 10 platforms (up to 30 meters high in the indigenous forest) and 10 'fufi' slides, the longest of which is 100m! I recently got to do this wonderful activity with a group of media again. Here are a couple of pics of the experience.
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
Sailing into Algoa Bay as one of the 1820 British Settlers, Reverend Francis McCleland would have been standing on deck looking out over the...
-
Boys will be boys and when it comes to boys and their 4x4 toys there is no stopping them. When the South African government banned driving ...
-
Being a family on a tight budget with a couple of Rugrats in tow, the grand total of our regular eating out experience is popping into KFC f...
-
I remember the first time I went to Spier Wine Estate after Moyo opened thinking that it so doesn't fit in with Spier and it surroundi...
-
Beach or Bush? Bush or Beach? That always seem to be the choice when people do these mini surveys on where folk would like to go for their h...
-
I've been in the tourism industry for 16 years and first started out working as a tourist guide back in 1998. Back then I used to go to...
-
Johannesburg boasts that it's the world's largest man-made urban forest and that's difficult to imagine until one actually visit...
-
I little while ago I joined a couple of tourist guides from Port Elizabeth on a visit to Amakhala Game Reserve about 75 km east of the city....
-
Leaving the office the other day I noticed a yellow spider sitting on a plant close to the door. Don't ask me how I spotted him, I just...
-
What's in a star? Well, lets first see what is a star? a . A self-luminous celestial body consisting of a mass of gas held together ...






No comments:
Post a Comment