Seven of us from work went for a walk along the Sacramento Trail just outside Port Elizabeth the other day. We were lucky to choose the perfect day with the warm winter sun shining down on us. I had two cameras hanging around my neck so I was clicking away all the way for both work and pleasure. As usual my eyes were all over the show looking for stuff to photograph and I spotted the big orange and black shell from miles (ok, not miles but at least 50 meters or so) away. I don't think my colleagues even saw it but as soon as I got there I was down on my tummy trying to get the best shot. By the time I was done the rest of the group was just about out of sight, but that is what getting THE photo about.
Monday, August 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
Sailing into Algoa Bay as one of the 1820 British Settlers, Reverend Francis McCleland would have been standing on deck looking out over the...
-
Boys will be boys and when it comes to boys and their 4x4 toys there is no stopping them. When the South African government banned driving ...
-
Being a family on a tight budget with a couple of Rugrats in tow, the grand total of our regular eating out experience is popping into KFC f...
-
I remember the first time I went to Spier Wine Estate after Moyo opened thinking that it so doesn't fit in with Spier and it surroundi...
-
Beach or Bush? Bush or Beach? That always seem to be the choice when people do these mini surveys on where folk would like to go for their h...
-
I've been in the tourism industry for 16 years and first started out working as a tourist guide back in 1998. Back then I used to go to...
-
Johannesburg boasts that it's the world's largest man-made urban forest and that's difficult to imagine until one actually visit...
-
I little while ago I joined a couple of tourist guides from Port Elizabeth on a visit to Amakhala Game Reserve about 75 km east of the city....
-
Leaving the office the other day I noticed a yellow spider sitting on a plant close to the door. Don't ask me how I spotted him, I just...
-
The Van Stadens Wildflower Reserve west of Port Elizabeth is one of the best and easiest accessible areas around to see proteas and other sp...

No comments:
Post a Comment