Friday, June 15, 2012

    Somerset West ghost hill

    When I was in primary school we went on a school tour to Cape Town and one of the places we visited was the ghost hill in Somerset West.  I remember how the teacher parked the school bus on the hill, switched it off and let go of the hand brake, making the bus free wheel... UP the hill.  I've always wanted to return and on a recent trip to Somerset West I made some enquiries and headed up to the top of Parel Valley Road to where I was told it was.  It took me a couple of stops and tries before I found it but I did.  The road comes up the hill before cresting the top and running slightly down hill from where the car is towards the camera.  Its as if somebody forgot to tell gravity that the hill isn't going up anymore.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment