Wednesday, August 17, 2011

    Mini vs Maxi Adventure across the Eastern Cape

    People often ask me if I make money through my blogs and my answer is always no.  I blog because of my passion for photography and travel and this is how I share it with people all over the world.  Perhaps one day this will change but for now I go around (mostly) at my own steam and cost to be able to take photographs for this here blog.  But the blog doesn't quite go unnoticed and every now and then one gets a compliment or even an invite to visit a place. 

    Thus an e-mail came through a little while ago from Susan Wilson at the Eastern Cape Parks and Tourism Agency inviting me to be one of two  Port Elizabeth based bloggers (along with Max of The Max Files) taking part in the Mini vs Maxi Adventure across the Eastern Cape.  We, along with a journalist, an East London based blogger and two ECPTA staff members are being split into two teams and will explore the Adventure Province of the Eastern Cape from 25 - 28 August 2011. 

    The mini vs maxi concept refers to the fact that one team will be driving a "small" VW Polo sedan while the other team will be in a "big" 4x4 vehicle.  The point of the exercises is to show that you can explore and experience the Eastern Cape in any type of vehicle.  Over the four days we will be blogging, Facebooking and Tweeting about the experience and knowing myself I will have enough photos to be able to still go on posting about it for some time afterwards.  The excitement of the trip is building and I am really looking forward to it.  Its going to be awesome!  More info to follow soon.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment